December 25, 2009

Gratefulness

I've been wanting to get this blog up and running for a long while now but have been weighed down by a continuous feeling that I need to start with stories from my first few weeks in South East Asia and then continue on chronologically with everything crazy that has happened since I began traveling. Instead, I decided to start with something a little more valuable, a list of everything that I am grateful for on this day.

I am grateful for:

-Every minute I get to spend with the girl I love
-All of the beautiful, loving, and uplifting people that continue to come into my life
-Simona - such a beautiful, loving, supportive, and amazing friend
-Raphael - for coming into my life at just the right time and when I needed it
-Farhad - for being who you are, for loving me, and for teaching me so many beautiful things
-My parents - for their undying love and support
-My mother - my closest and most amazing friend; the person that I can (and do) always turn to for support
-My brother, whom I miss and think of often
-Understanding, awareness, and acceptance as I go through one of the most difficult experiences of my life (One must keep in mind that because my life has been so blessed and I am so fortunate that, although difficult, this experience will likely just result in growth and an opportunity to evolve)
-So of course, growth and learning
-The opportunity to face my fears
-My healthy body
-My breath
-Healthy, nutritious food to eat
-Clean water to drink
-Safe places to sleep
-My home, which allows me to travel the world
-All of the amazing people, around this world, who love and support me
-Signs from the divine
-The Earth and the Sun
-My life
-You!!!

On this day I meditate on all I have and I know that I am so very very fortunate.
Love, shanti...
r

1 comment: